Tristan,

Check out the package devtools, and before submitting to CRAN make sure you
read: cran.us.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.pdf

There are obviously people on here who know a million times more than me,
and not that I've gotten very far, but I'm trying to figure this out myself
at the moment. Email me directly and I'll let you know what I find as I go.

Cheers,
Eliot