I'm confused.  On comp.lang.scheme you proposed introducing FEXPRs
into the language, but you describe them as a call-by-name mechanism.

Traditionally, a FEXPR is a first-class macro.  When applied, the
source code of the arguments is passed in.

A call-by-name procedure, on the other hand, would take its arguments
as thunks (like Algol 60!).  Call-by-need is a variation where the
value is memoized if it is ever forced (like Haskell does).

So which is it that you are proposing?

--
~jrm