Thanks for pointing me to ELIZA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

It's interesting.
^^ i dont doubt that people would develop sentiments toward a chatbot that
just simply speak random.

Not to say that, if i'm the one that makes the program, i would have
affection toward it also.

It's a puzzling emotion. But we have it, so.

Also, it can be irrational, but if it helps in psychological treatment,
then it helps. It's just that these methods (placebo, nocebo, hynotise,
telepathy..) are in the minority (such as some surreal deviations of born
autistic individuals). So it wont work on the majority.