Much as I enjoy making images using 2htdp/image it does get a tad slow as
complexity increases.

I currently have a program in which I generate images in 2htdp/image and
translate them into bitmap%s per racket/gui and render on canvas%'s via a
dc.

Speed has become sluggish and I'm going to need to move away from
2htdp/image to address this.

A typical image is built up out of lots of above, beside, overlay, square,
and triangle calls.

Does anyone have a "clever" way to do this programatically (rather than a
manual re-write with lots of absolute calculations replacing heights and
widths)?

Many thanks

Dan