:-)

That’s not what I meant. I think that I need to figure out
how to produce two version of ‘universe’ for the non-teaching
world w/o completely forking the repo:

 — a functional one
 — an object-oriented one

>From what I can tell, 2htdp/universe + image has some appeal as
as simple GUI framework for simple tasks and I should accommodate
this (which will also reduce the overhead).

;; - - -

But, if it is about managing concurrency in GUIs, you might be
interested in Syndicate, which is where research and input
from Tony Garnock-Jones has taken this idea:

 http://syndicate-lang.org

— Matthias