On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matth...@ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> :-)
>
> That’s not what I meant. I think that I need to figure out
> how to produce two version of ‘universe’ for the non-teaching
> world w/o completely forking the repo:
>
>  — a functional one
>  — an object-oriented one
>
> From what I can tell, 2htdp/universe + image has some appeal as
> as simple GUI framework for simple tasks and I should accommodate
> this (which will also reduce the overhead).

I see. Indeed I'm only doing something very basic here, like a small 2D
grid world where a yellow triangle can go left and right and navigates a
labyrinth looking for a red circle. I don't really need speed, it's just a
demonstrator.

Jay: Oh that's right, I'd forgotten about Lux! Thanks for the reminder, I
guess I should switch to that at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but
it seems to integrate well with 2htdp/image also. Although apparently it's
not solving my problem at hand yet :) But maybe it would make more sense to
patch Lux than big-bang?