Matthew,

I'm not clear on why you're using `require-input-port` here instead of
`dyanmic-require` with <myprogram>'s path.
Originally, I needed it to prepend "#lang <mylang>" to the source because I did
not have it in the file.
That requirement is not so strict now and I will be able to lift it if it is
critical for performance.

I just tried to check what I get with (dynamic-require <myprogram> #f) instead
of require-input-port.
In turns out that I get a "hash-ref: no value found for key" error originating from
<mylang> implementation.
It indicates that something went not as is was supposed to go in the dependent
modules loading.
There is a certain module (I will call it "functions") that, when loaded, fills up the hash table in another
module ("functions-table"), and this hash table is being used by the language implementation. Of course, the
language implementation does (require) "functions-table" and then "functions".
Something went wrong with that scheme when I used the (dynamic-require
<myprogram> #f) approach.
It never went that way when I used (require-input-port) or "racket <myprogram>".
Should I provide more details? Does the dynamic-require vs require-input-port
issue matters for performance?

  Does the port `p` contain
the source text for <myprogram>, or does it contain the bytecode from
the ".zo" file created by `raco make <myprogram>?
In this dedicated test, just the source text of <myprogram> and nothing else.

Best regards,

Dmitry