I was too quick with the success update - although I was able to install
some packages that were failing before, the problem is not resolved for
other packages - I have just tested "syndicate" package - exactly the same
error.

In the offline conversation with Kieran Hardy we briefly discussed some
edge-case possibility: I can't be certain it is the case but I don't recall
having the problem before the Weekend and it was the Weekend with a Summer
time switch in my time zone -> UTC+1 + 1 (Daylight Saving Time).

>From the time of the fresh install I only managed to install 2 packages
that previously failed: pop-pl and pollen-count and test them + install
syndicate that failed, no other Racket activity today.

Any ideas?

G.