On 12/04/18 11:45, Jack Firth wrote:
> I think this is an area where Racket's ecosystem could be significantly
> improved. However, this would probably only be worth the investment for
> those developing on both the client and server side of multiple
> services. Do you have plans to develop your own HTTP service APIs in
> Racket as well?

Maybe, I am still deciding what to do. I have in the past developed my
own HTTP service APIs with Flask in Python. Racket would have the
upper-hand here if it's relatively easy to learn and if the tools are
already there. I have looked yesterday at Jesse Alama's Server Racket
and he has a chapter on it so I might end up giving Racket a try.

> On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 11:36:50 AM UTC-7, Paulo Matos wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am interested in developing a Racket wrapper for hetzner cloud rest
>     api. This is a REST API defined in:
>     https://docs.hetzner.cloud/
>
>     I however, have no experience with accessing REST APIs in racket much
>     less developing one.
>
>     1. Are there any examples out there of wrapping rest apis in racket?
>     2. If you look at how this is done in Python[1] as expected everything
>     is an object. However, from what I generally see, libraries seem to
>     rarely touch the racket object system (although I think it's great).
>     So,
>     I guess instead of having an object 'Client' to which you would do
>     (send
>     client login "username" "password"), is it generally preferable to have
>     a (make-client ...), which you would follow with (client-login
>     "username" "password")?
>
>     Any thoughts would be appreciated before I commit myself, only to find
>     it goes against the racket way once I publish it. :)
>
>     [1] https://github.com/elsyms/hetznercloud-py/
>     <https://github.com/elsyms/hetznercloud-py/>
>     --
>     Paulo Matos