Unlike the old PLaneT system, there's no download count.

If I understand correctly, the catalog server simply gives local
clients the URL -- such as
https://github.com/dstorrs/racket-dstorrs-libs/tree/master -- and then
`raco pkg install` directly contacts that URL.

Could you give the catalog a URL from a link-shortening service, to
get metrics? Maybe. That hadn't occurred to me until now.

Ideally it wouldn't be a link _shortening i.e. obfuscating service,
per se. It wouldn't mask the real URL (beyond any necessary encoding
to make it a query parameter value).

What I don't know is how `raco pkg install` would handle a 302
temporary redirect response. Does it follow it, ignore it, or error?

---

Anyway, lacking that, should you break compatibility?

On the one hand, you have version set to "1.0" in info.rkt, which to
me signals "don't break".

On the other hand, the repo's name, nature, and star count on GitHub
are signals that practically it's probably fine. Just this once! :)