On 05/11/2018 15:57, Matt Jadud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First, thank you for the conversation around this.
>
> On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 5:30 PM George Neuner <gneun...@comcast.net
> <mailto:gneun...@comcast.net>> wrote:
>

>     One .zo per distributed place is just one descriptor per process.
>     Again insignificant because you have 4K per process.
>
>     It's apparent that the code is leaking descriptors somewhere.
>     Forcing GC may mitigate the problem, but it would be better if you
>     found the leak.
>

> I've lied. I am *not* using distributed places. I'm using
> *dynamic-place*, which clearly is why I'm running into limits.
>
> Unless anyone has alternative ideas, I'm going to restructure my code to
> use distributed places on the single machine, which will, I think, give
> me multicore parallelism and eliminate the file descriptor limit I'm
> running up against.

I have developed loci which has the same interface as places but uses
processes instead of OS threads.

https://github.com/LinkiTools/racket-loci

The documentation is non-existent but if you know places, there should
be little else to do besides replacing place for locus and places for
loci. Let me know if I can help any further.

--
Paulo Matos