> On Jan 26, 2019, at 9:03 AM, Sorawee Porncharoenwase
> <sorawee.pw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Matthias, where can I find this "History of Clojure"? I searched for "It is
> better to have 100 transducers ..." and found no result (besides this very
> thread). I also searched for "History of Clojure" and only found this tweet
> <https://twitter.com/richhickey/status/1058083678029537283> from Rich Hickey
> in Nov 2018, and it seems he was still writing it back then. Is it available
> for public to view now?

Unpublished notes. But I believe he said something like that during his
StrangeLoop presentation of transducers in Clojure.

> If we take an argument that we can encode a tuple with a list and get all
> benefits from list operations, why don't we (define-values (bool/c true
> false) (values int/c 1 0))? Why don't we (Church) encode everything to
> lambdas?

Functions are infinite data, lists are finite. You need to develop good taste
for good compromises.

I am the one who pushed PLT Scheme/Racket into the static corner (e.g.,
structs). But the place in the middle is where the sweet spot is.

— Matthias, radical centrist with nuanced opinions often stated in provocative
ways :)