Matthias, I ask that you please not respond to discussion about the
diversity of the Racket community by saying it's a political topic and
politics have no place here. That statement alone is political and makes
many people feel unwelcome, including me.

On the topic of a new syntax: I am strongly in favor. I think it will
remove barriers to entry that have deterred many potential Racketeers. And
if there's one community I trust to put care and thoughtfulness into a
surface syntax design, it's the Racket community.