Jens Axel Søgaard writes:

> But I haven't implemented "reset password" functionality yet. I need
> to figure out how best to handle sending mails from a server. My
> concern is being flagged for spamming - so I don't dare use my normal
> mail.

I like using Postmark[0] for this.  Their free plan lets you send up to
100 e-mails a month, their paid plans come at a reasonable price and
they have helpful docs and validators to help you set up SPF, DMARC and
DKIM.

I use this client that I wrote with Racket:

  http://docs.racket-lang.org/postmark@postmark-client/index.html

[0]: https://postmarkapp.com