I tried replying earlier today, but somehow the post got deleted - could've
been user error I suppose.

Anyway, the gist of the response was how I continue to be amazed by how
often I get pleasant surprises with Racket - either there is some facility
to do what I want that I just haven't found yet, or in this case where
there soon will be :)

I have a couple Racket web apps in production now, so I think I have enough
real world examples to begin extracting code into a web framework. Although
it will look significantly different than Rails (more functional, less
object oriented), I'm hoping to achieve similar ease-of-use functionality.
I first viewed the Rails "weblog in 15 minutes" video fourteen years ago,
and it had a significant impact on my professional life (at the time I was
working in Java w/ Spring & Hibernate, etc.). The video is dated now & has
some annoying idiosyncrasies, but if you haven't seen it, and you're
interested in web development (in any language), it's worth viewing just to
get the overview of Rails ease of use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzj723LkRJY&feature=youtu.be