On Jul 22, 2008, at 8:43 AM, Andrew Neil wrote:
I was under the impression that if a page has a publishing date set in the future, it would only become visible on the site from that date onwards. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure if this is true in Radiant, although it is the case with another CMS that I have used. I did wonder about adding a field, called "occurs_on", and using it in the way you described above, but
in the end I thought it simpler to just use the Reorder extension.

It might make sense for that to be a part of the core, but it will change the behavior. Radiant just checks if there is a published date, but doesn't care what it is. The scheduler extension adds some nice features which allows you to set pages to appear and disappear on given dates
http://github.com/radiant/radiant-scheduler-extension/tree/master
Given the features that scheduler adds, I think it makes sense to leave the default Radiant behavior as is, but it's not entirely intuitive, so perhaps it should be rethought.