On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Chris Parrish
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I saw somewhere that Luis Lavena was researching porting rDiscount to
> Windows but also that it didn't look good (discount depends on some *nix
> only libraries, I think)
>
> Hopefully I'm wrong, though.
>
> Either way, I didn't mean to hijack a thread.  New Redcloth for all!

Thread-hijacking... :-)

rDiscount uses some neat posic tricks that allow them use callbacks
from file operations in a in-memory file (mapped file). This function
is name funopen and fopencookie.

There is no way to recreate that in Windows, tried and failed (maybe
because my C-fu is not good enough). There are better ways that the
same can be accomplished but we should be careful not to exploit with
huge memory buffers.

Maybe someone can write a ragel for markdown and we all enjoy a
BlueCloth like the new RedCloth? ;-)
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17