Marty Haught wrote:
There are a few ways you could go about it.  I've recommended that you
simply clone the extension into your app such as this:

git clone git://github.com/mghaught/radiant-page-event.git
vendor/extensions/page_event

Github also has a download button which will give you an tarball of
the project.  If neither of those work, there are a few other tricks
you can use.

Cheers,
Marty

Very late to the party with this one, but there is a very introductory article [JustEnoughGitOnWindows] about Git (with a focus on Windows) that was pushed out to Summer Reboot documentation last night:

[1] http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Summer_Reboot
[2] http://wiki.radiantcms.org/JustEnoughGitOnWindows

I compiled it (can't really say I wrote it) but since Git-related questions come up frequently enough, I'd request someone to take a look and fix things if something seems broken.

Also, it would be useful if someone could replicate the information so that it's available for Mac and Linux also.

Finally, I think there's a need to add a simple question about: what happens if my host doesn't support Git?

Cheers,
Mohit.
8/10/2008 | 2:06 PM.