Hi Mohit,

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Mohit Sindhwani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm on Windows, logged in as admin - can't think of anything related to
> permissions.  I just tried looking around anyway to see if anything is
> created... but nothing that helps so far!

> The other issue is that I get these errors randomly on different lines of
> the rake db:migrate

Are you using TortoiseSVN by any chance?

I remember seeing a post to the sqlite list regarding issues sqlite
database TortoiseSVN a
couple months ago. The tsvncache process was interfering with sqlite's
deletion of the transaction journal causing seemingly random errors. I dug
up the link to the thread for you.

If you are running tsvn you could try to configure it to ignore the
directory your database file resides in. Or, I suppose you could also try to
rig up a migration to change the sqlite journal mode so the library will
reuse the journal.

execute "PRAGMA journal_mode = PERSIST"

For what its worth it looks like this kind of problem could be caused by
virus scanners or search services that open and scan new files when they are
created.

> Does this mean that for some reason it is trying to open a file called
> 'DROP TABLE page_parts'?

I suspect that error message is being formatted by the wrapper. "Unable to
open database file" is the internal message string from sqlite.

Cheers,
Stephen