Stephen Lombardo wrote:
Are you using TortoiseSVN by any chance?

I remember seeing a post to the sqlite list regarding issues sqlite
database TortoiseSVN a
couple months ago. The tsvncache process was interfering with sqlite's
deletion of the transaction journal causing seemingly random errors. I dug
up the link to the thread for you.

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue. Since this really is an obscure issue, I've added your advice to 'Appendix C - Troubleshooting' of the Summer Reboot documentation project:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Intermittent_Errors_with_SQLite_on_Windows

I urge others to also add to the Troubleshooting section if they get good helpful advice on the list :)

Thanks again,