Jay,

Try using edge -- Jim patched this (assuming I pulled it) so that it checks to see if the `pages` table exists.

Sean

Jay Levitt wrote:
Sean Cribbs wrote:
[about the problem loading Page subclasses during bootstrap]

http://github.com/radiant/radiant/commit/20d8f44d45f11a0e28231fdf86ded522ed927f6d

This seems to have reappeared in 0.6.9; the above commit is still in place, but with PostgreSQL on Fedora Core 9, I'm getting:

% rake --trace development db:bootstrap

rake aborted!
PGError: ERROR:  relation "pages" does not exist
: SELECT DISTINCT class_name FROM pages WHERE class_name <> '' AND class_name IS NOT NULL
[...]
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/radiant-0.6.9/app/models/page.rb:195:in `load_subclasses'
[...]
/srv/www/sites/blog.jay.fm/config/environment.rb:12

which is the

  Radiant::Initializer.run do |config|

line. I've got a stock environment.rb file, and strangely, I was able to db:bootstrap the production database a few hours ago; I only ran into this because script/extension install redcloth4 apparently does the db:bootstrap (or migrate, or something) itself.

Changing line 195 to be "unless true or ..." works around the problem during bootstrap.

Jay Levitt