On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Nate Turnage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can somebody tell me what magical incantation I need to put in my
> environment.rb to get the 2.2.2 will_paginate gem working?

Sorry for the noise. I just used the tar archive and it worked.

It looks to me like I have set things up for data collection the way I want
it to work, but now I have an issue with validation. At the top of the form
in the "subscribe" tab on the newsletter page these tags are present:

<r:newsletter:if_form_errors>
  All fields are required
</r:newsletter:if_form_errors>

Can anybody tell me where in the various files in the extension a form built
on that page runs it's validation checks? I have looked in every file,
except the tests, for some clue as to what would make that tag visible, but
I cannot find anything. There is no mention of it in the tags available for
the page.

Honestly, I cannot figure out which controller and model combo even
processes the form. I can figure out how the admin side of the extension
works (for the most part), including where the validation happens, but I
don't understand how the info is validated and processed on the client
facing side.

If anybody could give me some pointers on this, I promise that I will do my
best to write up some documentation on the summer reboot site about how this
extension works. In fact, I will also document my experience with the
subscriber_list (based on newsletter) and database_form extensions as well.
Adding the seemingly simple "sign the guestbook" type of functionality to a
Radiant site is a deceptively complex task and I will do my part to try and
reduce the pain in the process.

But first, I must conquer this newsletter extension. Any help is of course
greatly appreciated and I will light a candle in your honor. In fact, I will
light two. I am a desperate man. Obiwon Kinobi, you're my only hope...

~Nate