Hello all,

At the moment it seems the Radiant ecosystem is setup to generate XHTML tags (paperclipped comes to mind).

As I am going to make my site HTML 4.01 this presents something of a nuisance. I can easily alter the paperclipped code to output HTML but that is fixing a symptom and not addressing a core issue.

Would it be possible to include a standard RadiantConfig option to specify the output format of tags? If a standardised config option was chosen then all extensions that output HTML/XHTML code could then check the option and output the correct tags for the given specification.

Naturally it would default to the current XHTML code but it would offer a bit of flexibility. Note that I am talking only about the main site code. The admin system can whatever it likes.

What do you guys think?

RJ