On Dec 3, 2008, at 8:56 AM, Sean Cribbs wrote:
YAY! Someone who agrees with me!

The caveat, of course, is that often you need to put Radius tags inside the attributes of HTML tags. But that's because Radius is not strict XML, but interpolated. When explaining Radius to a local web design meetup, one sorta-technical guy suggested we use an XML parser/XSLT and I had to tell him no. It only looks like it could be.

To add to this, another reason to avoid it is that it requires parsing the template twice. Once to parse the tags out and once to parse the attributes.

I'm more interested in the idea of adding support for some kind of variable notation from within the tags. Something like Chris Parrish's extension, though I think the syntax could be improved.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com