The typical method is with `git submodule`. So if I were to install page_attachments manually, it would be like so:

$ git submodule add git://github.com/radiant/radiant-page-attachments-extension.git vendor/extensions/page_attachments
$ git submodule init && git submodule update

You'll likely need to remove the original extension installation before you use submodules. Once it's installed correctly as a submodule, you can use pull/reset within the extension directory to put it on the revision that you prefer to use, then commit to the main project to lock in that revision.

Sean

Nate Turnage wrote:
I am trying to get a handle on git and am having some difficulty
understanding how to manage my projects. My project was built outside of
version control where my extensions used were all git-cloned into my
project. Two of the extensions (page_attachments and copy_move) are using
previous revisions set up as local branches. The project directory was then
initialized as a local git repo and the remote.upload.url variable was set
up. I can 'git push upload master' to my online git server at Rails
Playground. It all seems to work properly, but if I try and git-clone my
project to test if it's working, none of the extensions have any files in
the vendor/extensions/extensionX directories.

In the past when I was using subversion to manage my projects a git-cloned
extension maintained its content. How should I be adding extensions to my
project so that travel with the project?

~Nate