On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Sean Cribbs <seancri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would suggest forking on github, pushing up your changes to your fork,
> and then creating the submodule from the fork.  If you don't want to track
> other branches/forks but just keep your changes in the Radiant project, just
> clone the extension (not as a submodule) and then remove its .git directory.

Thanks. I am really not feeling the git love right now so I am going to try
and avoid adding more complexity to my situation by starting a fork. I did
remove the .got directory from my locally cloned copy of the
subscriber_lists extension, but when I run git submodule I keep getting this
error:

No submodule mapping found in .gitmodules for path
'vendor/extensions/subscriber_lists'

Preceding the error, I git a list of the extensions that I have set up as
submodules and there is one (tags) that should show up as a submodule as
well, but nothing gets past this error.

To remove the .git directory did an 'rm -rf' to remove it and a 'git rm'
just to make sure it was out of git.

Any ideas?

~Nate