FYI,

This is also true of the "Continue reading..." code block for the Blog style template. In order to not get a "Continue Reading..." link on any entry which is complete in the main tab I must delete the extended tab.

Code block from the Articles page define:

<r:children:each limit="5" order="desc">
  <h3><r:link /></h3>
  <r:content />
<r:if_content part="extended"><r:link anchor="extended">Continue Reading&#8230;</r:link></r:if_content> <p class="info">Posted by <r:author /> on <r:date format="%b %d, %Y" /></p>
</r:children:each>