I've had good luck with Joyent. I've found there servers snappy. It's also cheap enough and I haven't had any problems running rails apps there.

-- Steven

On Mar 3, 2009, at 6:43 PM, MtnBiker wrote:

Dreamhost responded that they had had problems, but thought they'd fixed
them.

50 seconds to load my site. And I had to refile my support request. I didn't
see any reply or follow-up.

Time to move on. I'll be looking at recommendations for a good Rail host.
This will be for a very low hits personal sites.