Hamish -
First off thank you for the info and the link - it went straight into my
del.icio.us bookmarks :).

Second - It sounds like this example is for an admin extension's controller
- yes?  I'm looking to add an extra JS script tag for, ideally, the edit
page, not new views within the admin.

My simple little extension is just to add some KB shortcuts for the new and
edit actions of the page controller.  So I'm just piggy-backing the edit
screen.

After playing around a little bit it looks like I figured it out.

Before:
admin.page.index.add :top, "new_header"

After:
admin.page.edit.add :main, "new_header"

A few example extensions I poked around in had :top, and of course, they
worked.   Once I changed to :main and switched index to edit ... all good.

Thanks for the guidance, regardless!

Best,

Joel