I already use this tags. But on a recent project it came to my mind, that as a starting point, it would be great if default values could be calculated from the content of the page. This would enhance the out-of-box SEO experience :-)

Search engines themselves are designed to find the most significant words in a page. Writing out the keywords yourself you can have an insight that a computer can't, but it's hard to imagine an automatic feature that could outperform google in their field of expertise.

-Arthur