On Jul 1, 2009, at 4:34 PM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

Does anybody know of a plugin that "actually" works for static caching? Or a way I can pull the Radiant Cache Files with NGINX. Right now we would like to maintain control over output speed, and with Flickr having such horrible response times on their API we tend to lock up for a second and a refresh on a page causing RadiantCMS to avoid it's own internal cache and refresh,
which tends to lead to a slow page. We tried the simple static_caching
extension listed on the extensions page, however, we get horrible errors.

www:/var/app/radiant# script/extension install static_caching

Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/static_caching/.git/

remote: Counting objects: 175, done.

Receiving objects: 100% (175/175), 28.31 KiB, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (61/61), done.

rake aborted!

Don't know how to build task 'radiant:extensions:static_caching:migrate'

This likely means there is no migrate task.

rake aborted!

Don't know how to build task 'radiant:extensions:static_caching:update'

Also, there is probably no update task.

www:/var/app/ radiant# rake production db:migrate:extensions

(in /var/app/ radiant)

rake aborted!

uninitialized constant StaticCachingExtension::ResponseCache

I'm assuming you are running on Radiant 0.8.0 which has done away with ResponseCache and now uses Radiant::Cache So this static_caching extension probably has not been updated for Radiant 0.8.0

Actually tbh, the migrate and update happens on ALL extensions I install,
but that's not an issue because if I run rake production
db:migrate:extensions the extensions work and install. However, I cannot get this one to play nice at all. So any help is appreciated (and if this
is the wrong place to ask sorry) since I am new to RadiantCMS.

This is the right place to ask.
Extension development is usually done by their respective authors, so you may want to contact them directly too if this list doesn't help.

-Jim