Chris Parrish said the following on 09/23/2009 12:17 PM:
> Anton Aylward wrote:
>> John W. Long said the following on 09/23/2009 11:20 AM:
>>

>>> I like this:
>>>
>>> <r:if_blank part="my_part">
>>> <r:unless_blank part="my_part">
>>>
>> Personally  I am tired of the "if_XXXX"
>> and prefer the more generic simple "if" with some parameter.
>> It look more natural.
>>

> I suppose you all know where I stand on this.  Anton, I use my
> conditional tags extension
> (http://github.com/SwankInnovations/radiant-conditional-tags-extension)
> for just this reason.  I can already do most (all?) of this now using it.

You mean

        <r:if content['body'] exists? >

instead of <r:if_content>
and

        <r:if content['body'] blank? ?

But then I'm biased, or rather I'm somewhere between lazy and stupid.
I'd rather learn a pattern instead of memorizing disparate rules.

And we don't need John's new code cos we can already do it in a much
cleaner manner.

But then I'm not in a job where my productivity is measured by the
amount of code I produce but rather by the solutions I deliver, and part
of that solution is ease of maintenance by people even lazier and more
stupid than me - often called "users".

--
The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own
good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of