Sean's point is ultimately where the problem lies, but I'm wondering
if there is something strange in your db.
Take a look at the lock_version for the Home page, and that of the
Blog page and see if there is anything that seems wrong.

If there's nothing there, perhaps there is an extension you've
included which is inserting something into the editing interface which
might foul things up.

--
Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com