Hi!

I've been spending half night and half day trying to figure out why my mailer extension isn't working properly. When I hosted the site at a Dreamhost PS (using passenger) everything worked just fine. Now when hosting on a Ubuntu Hardy server running Ruby Enterprise Edition + passenger it just redirects from the form at http://xhtml.fi/contact to http://xhtml.fi/pages/12/mail#mailer, no mail is being sent and the production.log says:

Processing MailController#create (for 85.134.8.172 at 2009-10-15 15:06:39) [POST] Session ID: BAh7BiIKZmxhc2hJQzonQWN0aW9uQ29udHJvbGxlcjo6Rmxhc2g6OkZsYXNo
SGFzaHsABjoKQHVzZWR7AA==--fa092d73a8aac022a2e6f97c79ffacf9ac27df32
Parameters: {"page_id"=>"12", "action"=>"create", "mailer"=> {"message"=>"Test message", "name"=>"Simon", "email"=>"si...@iki.fi"}, "controller"=>"mail"}
Sent mail to i...@xhtml.fi
Completed in 0.19994 (5 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00032 (0%) | DB: 0.00402 (2%) | 200 OK [http://xhtml.fi/pages/12/mail]

I've tried different smtp-settings in environment.rb primarily:
    ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
      :address => "smtp.MY-HOSTING-COMPANY"
    }
...at Dreamhost it worked without that setting deafulting to localhost I guess. You are free to test at http://xhtml.fi/contact and compare to how it works at http://old.xhtml.fi/contact when hosted at Dreamhost.

Might there be some gem that I'm missing? Otherwise I don't know what I might be missing, since I'm using Radiant 0.7.1 checked out right from the repo (with Rails in vendor). I'm using these extensions:
  archive             enkoder_tags     multi_site        textile_filter
  archive_page_order  mailer           page_attachments
  drag_order          markdown_filter  textile_editor
(Multi site is this version, that hides other sites than their own from normal users. http://github.com/sniemela/radiant-multi-site-extension ) Anyways... all of this works on Dreamhost. One funny thing though is that sometime the http://xhtml.fi/pages/12/mail#mailer page throws in some content from another of my multi_site sites.

And here's a list of the gems that I've got installed at the new server:
actionmailer (2.3.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2)
actionpack (2.3.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2)
activerecord (2.3.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2)
activeresource (2.3.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2)
activesupport (2.3.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2)
fastthread (1.0.7)
mysql (2.7)
passenger (2.2.5)
postgres (0.7.9.2008.01.28)
rack (1.0.0)
radiant (0.8.1, 0.8.0, 0.7.1)
rails (2.3.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2)
rake (0.8.7, 0.8.4)
RedCloth (4.2.2, 4.1.9)
rmagick (2.11.0, 2.10.0)
rspec (1.2.9, 1.2.8, 1.2.6)
rspec-rails (1.2.7.1, 1.2.6)
rubygems-update (1.3.5)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.5, 1.2.4)

Just let me know if you want me to provide any more info, since I'm pretty clueless and don't really know what hints could be useful. Any help is very much appreciated!

  cheers, Simon
PS. I tried using just the mail-function in php and that didn't get the mail delivered either (that is without using any other smtp-server).