Myron Marston said the following on 11/30/2009 06:26 PM:
>> Perhaps this ties in with my "Last-Modified header question.
>>

> Anton--I looked through the archives and couldn't find this question.  I'd
> be curious to read that thread if you can point me in the right direction.

Resent.

I looked at the W3 pages that described such things and their use,
and there are an awful lot of headers to play with ;-)  Do all
browsers implement all of them?  I'm sure one or other of them could
get the 'renew' effect you want, if and only if the browser pays
attention to it!!

>> There are several extensions for Firefox that will let you view cache
>> headers.  Web Developer and Firebug both come to mind.  For Firebug, clear
>> your cache, enable Firebug, click the "Net" tab in the Firebug panel and
>> load the offending page in Firefox.  You should see an entry in the Net
>> panel with a "Headers" tab.
>

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I should have a been a bit more specific
> though...I know how to view the cache headers in safari and firefox, but I'm
> still trying to wrap my head around how these headers work (I just read up
> on them today for the first time), and I'm not sure what to try next.

You and me,'Bro, you and me!  That W3 stuff and all those headers is
heady stuff :-)

--
helicopter (n): 30,000 parts in tight orbit around a hydraulic fluid
leak, waiting for metal fatigue to set in.