On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Josh French <j...@digitalpulp.com> wrote:
>> i'm at loss now for why it's not appearing in the drop down when
>> loaded as a gem. no errors or anything unusual just a missing filter.
>
> I'm actually at a loss as to why it would appear when vendored if
> you're not explicitly loading that subclass. Radiant doesn't do any
> pre-loading of filter subclasses in the way that it automatically
> seeks out and loads Page subclasses. If you look at the textile and
> markdown extensions that ship within core, you'll see that both of
> them explicitly load the filter subclass within their #activate
> methods. It'll be safer to follow their example.

huh? so you mean this:

---
require 'kramdown'

class KramdownFilterExtension < Radiant::Extension
  version "1.0"
  description "kramdown is a fast pure-Ruby Markdown converter."
  url "http://kramdown.rubyforge.org/index.html";

  def activate
    KramdownFilter
  end
end
---

is not explicitly enough? i can't see how that is any different to
what the markdown or textile extensions do but i guess it's not. could
someone explain how to make it explicit enough for the gem loader?

textile_filter
---
class TextileFilterExtension < Radiant::Extension
  version "1.0"
  description "Allows you to compose page parts or snippets using the
Textile text filter."
  url "http://textism.com/tools/textile/";

  def activate
    TextileFilter
    Page.send :include, TextileTags
  end
end
---

markdown_filter
---
class MarkdownFilterExtension < Radiant::Extension
  version "1.0"
  description "Allows you to compose page parts or snippets using the
Markdown or SmartyPants text filters."
  url "http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/";

  def activate
    MarkdownFilter