First, I strongly recommend trying to update to 0.9 locally and than push to
your production server.

To update to 0.9, follow this
instructions<http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2010/04/27/radiant-0-9-0-release-candidate-2/>
.

And also, check that all the extensions you're using are compatible with 0.9
and get their updated versions.

I haven't updated any project to 0.9, but using it on a new project works
without any problems.