With the backdoor extension you can do something like this.

<r:ruby>
    @date_today = <r:date for='now'  format='%Y%j' />
    ""
</r:ruby>

<r:ruby>
    @date_article = <r:date format='%Y%j' />
    ""
</r:ruby>

<r:if cond=" @date_today == @date_article ">Show Upcoming events</r:if>

On Jun 18, 2010, at 7:44 AM, Matt Spendlove wrote:

Hi all

I have a News page of archive page type. Users can tag the pages into
"news", "events", "offers" etc.
I'd like to be able to show upcoming events in a sidebar.

I can search for all items tagged with "events" and display them, but
how do I show only events where <r: date> >= TODAY ?

I didn't really want to go down the route of using a dedicated
calendar extension [1] as it's overkill for the requirements. I can't
see to be able to do any kind of conditional fiter on the date?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Matt

[1] http://github.com/davec/radiant-events-calendar-extension