On Aug 14, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Josh French wrote:

I understand this is basically running on edge, and if Radiant wasn't the best CMS, and if everyone's efforts weren't fully a work or love I might be bothered by it.

Thanks again for your patience, and do let me know if it works or not.

It works fine now!

Your other extension pagefactory is so great for pre-customizing pages for clients. One thing about it, I didn't see any setting for 'filter' illustrated in the examples. Can that be done?

Yup. You can pass any part attribute to a factory, including the filter, although the key is filter_id and not filter:

   part 'filtered', :filter_id => 'Markdown'

(or 'Textile', or...)

I think I was using filter.

Also I think it might be nice if pages could be set for a child of certain pages. It's no big deal to have to choose what type of page but I think it would be slick to just automatically be set and then not need to think about it again.

Working on that too :) There's been some work in core and on a development branch of PageFactory to allow you finer control over what pages can be added where, including what you're proposing. Eventually you'll be able to (for instance) declare that only BlogPostPages can be created under a BlogCategoryPage, and you'd automatically get a child of the right type when adding a new one.

I look forward to these changes

Steven