>> after having installed into vendor/extensions, ran migrations, then removed
>> in
>> favor of the gem.

Not necessary. You can start with the gem in your config and run the global
migrate & update tasks (db:migrate:extensions and
radiant:extensions:update_all). Both tasks look in every extension root, gem or
vendored.

> To get the page_factory tasks to show up you'll need to edit your
> Rakefile to require the tasks from the page_factory gem. I don't think
> we've covered anything about adding this.

radiant:extensions:update_all will copy all rake tasks out of extension gems
and into the local install where further rake invokes will find them. As you
mentioned, eventually Rails 3 will obsolete this step.