Jim, thanks for your reply!

Gallery Extension uses plugin attachment_fu which runs into naming conflicts with paperclip. I've started to work on switching to paperclip for the extension. But still a lot of work to do... And still not sure, if it is easier and cleaner to build a new extension, which uses something like Juicebox as baseline...

Good news to hear about Radiant 1.1 and its new features! Thanks for your work!

Horst