Radiant is alive!
It's sad, of course, that I have to insist that.

There's a lot of history in Radiant. Much of what Rails can now do
with engines could not be done when support for extensions were
created. This project was a pioneer for that stuff, but it wasn't kept
up to date with changes.

To make a long story short: the app directory is loaded from the gem.
Your extensions have an app directory too.
A radiant project is changed via extensions, so you might include the
ones you want, but then create your own custom alterations to change
features.

A common criticism of working with Radiant was/is that you need to
turn your app into a Radiant project. Rails is far more powerful now
and we want to be able to add Radiant to your existing Rails app
(rather than the other way around).

Please continue to raise your concerns, criticize, and offer your
opinions. That's how we grow.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Julian Hurley
<jul...@designimperial.com> wrote:
> There's about 4 people on the irc, the project on github has build errors
> and its dependancies are out of date, the last update of your average
> extension is around three years ago, whenever I run the server I'm greeted
> with dozens of warnings about insecure protocols and the like. What's going
> on guys? Quite excited about this cms, seemed just what I needed, but things
> seem very out of date.
>
> And why is the directory structure on your project on your github page
> completely different to the directory structure generated by the latest gem?
> And why doesn't the project have an 'app' directory? It's the weirdest thing
> I've ever encountered (after the amount I've spent with rails, an
> application without a app directory is like a person running around without
> a head).
>
> Bizzare. What's going on?
>
> --
>
> ---