Dear Friends,

I am new on this list and still hesitate to buy a Radiator radius. I work
for big ISP. I would like to know something from users' point of view.

Is this software stable and easy configurable for medium qualified system
administrator? Is it open enough in growing ISP environment? Is it
efficient to build a distributed network of radiuses in above 50 access
points of presence with above 2000 users in each POP. What infrastructure
do you suggest to keep one main database of users and distributed databes
in different areas (different area codes)? What scheme of replication
between radius boxes could be suitable and does Radiator radius will work
efficiently on 50 POPs with 2000 different users on each POP? For how many
users was the Radiator planned?

I have one more question. There is a lack of abonament feature in Radiator
radius and this can be achieved with Radius using Platypus package. The
Platypus package works on MS SQL which we rather not prefer and it costs a
little. This feature enables the control of the time that is prepaid by
the user and after this time is acceeded no more logging will be possible
for that user. When the time is acceeded during active session this
session should be closed immediately. It is good for parents that like to
buy an Internet access for their children but want to have some impact.

Is there any other freeware solution (differnet from using Platypus) or
are there any suggestions where/how to patch the Radiator to achieve this
feature in decribed above environment of POPs.

Any help will be apreciated.
Best regards,