Hello,
     If I have radiator logging detail to /some/detail, and I want to
do something like this on the first or second day of each month:

        mv /some/detail /some/tmp
        process /some/tmp and extract last month's records
        rewrite /some/tmp to contain only this month's records
        cat /some/tmp /some/detail > /some/detail

Does radiator use flock locking?  Will I lose data doing this?  What
about if I just flock /some/detail and process it in place and rewrite
it to contain only this months records, will I lose data then?  Will
radiator buffer any accounting records while /some/detail is locked?
--
Elliot ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."