OK, after getting BSDI and Radiator to work together on authenticating,
I've run into another problem.

If I dial into the USR TC chassis which has Radiator as its radius
server, I get authenticated and an accounting Start message gets
written to /var/log/radius/detail.  Then, after being online 2-3
minutes, I can look at the detail file again and find that there are
about 20 more duplicate entries of the same thing.  They all have the
same session-id.  Whenever I drop the connection, the same thing
happens with the Stop records.

Unfortunately, this doesn't even stop after I've disconnected.  The
file continues to grow long after I've disconnected.

A 'kill -HUP' doesn't help.

If I hard kill the radius server, even -this- does NOT clear up the
problem.

It makes me wonder if

(a) the USR TC chassis is just sending DUPE accounting messages
(b) the USR is expecting some type of confirmation which it is not
receiving
(c) Radiator is not working properly
(d) there's .cfg items I don't know about

I read that the default DupInterval is 60 seconds.  I suppose I could
set that to 300 seconds or thereabouts, but that is a bandaid.  I want
to know why these dupe accounting packets are being sent in the first
place.

Any help appreciated.

Craig Thompson

WingNET System Administrator