On Mar 28,  7:00pm, Stephen Roderick wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) AscendSNMP
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Mike McCauley wrote:
>
> > > This will return the name of the user logged in with that session_id. The
> > > important thing is that it can show the user as "steve" or
> > > "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" depending on how they logged in. So I was guessing
> > > that:
> > >
> > > if ($result =~ /^.*\"([^"\@]+)["\@].*$/)
> > >

> > I guess that will strip off the realm name, which will match if you are
using a
> > RewriteUsername prior to authentication?
>
> That is a really good point. I do use RewriteUsername but I force the
> @proaxis.com to be added. Of course when you query the nas it is always
> going to return what the user "really" logged in as, not what
> RewriteUsername has done. How do you propose we reconcile that?

Its a tricky question, and one that Justin Daminato recently raised. I think
the right answer is for Radiator to cache the user name before any Rewrites
have been applied, and then the Nas.pm can compare with what it "really" is.
However, thats going to take some mods to _every_ module in Radiator and I was
going to defer that to the next release.

24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   Consulting and development
Phone, Fax: +61 3 9598-0985                 http://www.open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody