Hi all...

My Radiator logfile shows me the following:

Wed Mar 31 13:54:34 1999: ERR: Attribute number 2 (vendor 307) is not defined in your
dictionary

NAS is a Portmaster 4 which isn't listed in the Radiator webpage.

I also get this when Radiator starts up:
Wed Mar 31 00:39:11 1999: DEBUG: Reading users file /etc/raddb/users.tibus
Wed Mar 31 00:39:12 1999: WARNING: There is no attribute named Auth-Type in file
 '/etc/raddb/dictionary' before line 55 Ignored
Wed Mar 31 00:39:12 1999: WARNING: There is no attribute named Server-Config in
file '/etc/raddb/dictionary' before line 223 Ignored
Wed Mar 31 00:39:12 1999: WARNING: There is no attribute named Server-Config in
file '/etc/raddb/dictionary' before line 224 Ignored
Wed Mar 31 00:39:12 1999: INFO: Server started

Using dictionary.livingston

Also, I think I fscked up my email->newsgroup posting last week and if anyone
replied to my problem about Radiator authing OK, but the NAS not receiving the
packet and thus not letting them on - I don't think I got them.

Is their a list archive anywhere I can check?

Regards

Paul.

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Mike McCauley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| Hi Radwan,
|
| I havent heard anything about this attribute, so you might want to add this t
| your dictionary, just to stop it complaining:
|
| VENDORATTR 429        USR_Unknown-Attribute-1 39020 string
|

| On Mar 25,  1:53pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
| > Subject: (RADIATOR) USR Attribute
| > Hello,
| >
| > I keep getting this error message in my logfile:
| >
| > Thu Mar 25 12:19:35 1999: ERR: Attribute number 39020 (vendor 429) is not
| defined in your d
| > ictionary
| >
| > I am assuming that the dictionary I am using does not define this attribute
|    .
| Does anyone
| > know what line(s) to add to my dictionary file to take care of this problem
|    !
| >
| > Vendor 429 is 3com/
| > USR BTW. Moreover, is it a critical problem or should I learn to live with
| it.
| >

| > Thank you in advance.
| >

| > P.S. Mike, Thanks for that default maximum session you added.
| >

| > -Radwan Khalil
| > -True Communicatons Corp.
| >
| > ===
| > To unsubscribe, email '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' with
| > 'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.
| >-- End of excerpt from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

| --
| Mike McCauley                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd            Unix, Perl, Motif, C++, WWW
| 24 Bateman St Hampton, VIC 3188 Australia   http://www.open.com.au
| Phone +61 3 9598-0985                       Fax   +61 3 9598-0955
|
| Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server
| anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, NIS+, password, NT, Emerald,
| Platypus, Freeside, external, etc etc on Unix, Win95/8, NT, Rhapsody
| ===
| To unsubscribe, email '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' with
| 'unsubscribe radiator' in the body of the message.

--
Email pgregg at tibus.net |       CLUB24       | Email pgregg at nyx.net    |
Technical Director        |      INTERNET      | System Administrator       |