Hi Paul -

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, tom minchin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 09:41:45AM +0000, Paul Black wrote:
> > tom minchin wrote:
> >
> > > DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
> > >          Service-Type = Login-User,
> > >          Login-IP-Host = ice.triode.net.au,
> > >          Login-Service = Rlogin,
> > >          Client-Id = pm1,
> > >          Prefix = "U",
> > >          Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
> > >
> > > Still a few stray commas and missing commas.
> > >
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > The above didn't work, it stopped anyone from being able to login. What are
> > the rules for which lines have commas at the end and which ones don't?
> >

> I'd always thought the rules were: Check items (the first line) where all
> on one line separated by commas. Reply items each had a separate line and
> ended in commas (except for the last). Otherwise it's hard to tell where
> Checks end and Replys begin (as I've demonstrated in my previous email!).
>
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = System, Prefix = U
>       Service-Type = Login-User,
>       Login-IP-Host = ice,triode.net.au,
>       Login-Service = Rlogin,
>       Client-Id = pm1,
>       Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
>
> I've never used Client-Id so I have no idea whether you are requiring it to
> be sent by the NAS, or just want to send it back to the NAS.

Tom is correct, Check items are on the first line, Reply items are on the
following lines. See Section 13 in the Radiator 2.14.1 manual.

I think you might want something more like this (if not let me know):

# Check for Prefix = U and Client-Id = pm1 (not sure if this is correct?)
# Reply with the others
DEFAULT Auth-Type = System, Prefix = U, Client-Id = pm1
        Service-Type = Login-User,
        Login-IP-Host = ice.triode.net.au,
        Login-Service = Rlogin

hth