Hello Scott -

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Scott Adkins wrote:
>     Tue Oct 26 00:30:13 1999
>         User-Name = "jdoe"
>       Budget-Code = "1234 56 7890"    <======== New attribute
>       User-Flags = "BxRN1xx5"         <======== New attribute
>         <and so forth>
>
> The budget code will depend on the password they enter.  Each username can
> have multiple passwords, with each password tied to different budget codes
> for the purposes of billing.  The User-Flags field is used in the billing
> process to help determine the final charge the user will have for that
> particular session (among other things).
>
> The main point I am making here is that the Budget-Code and User-Flags
> attributes indicate the status of that account at that moment in time and
> are subject to change in the password file at any time down the road.  The
> next time the user logs in with that same username/password may show a
> different Budget-Code and User-Flags field in the account output.
>
> For this reason, I need to be able to inject these items into the accounting
> stream at the time authentication succeeds.  This rules out any pre-hooks
> that Radiator provides.  All I really need is the short little blurb to put
> in my Auth module that does what Hugh suggested above.

Right - the best way to do this is to return a "Class" attribute containing
what you describe above in the Access-Accept. This will cause all subsequent
accounting records for this session to contain the Class attribute, which will
be logged automatically with the other accounting data.

The Class attribute is just a string, so it can contain something like this:

        Class = "Budget-Code = 1234 56 7890, User-Flags = BxRN1xx5"

hth

NT, Rhapsod