Matt Wise;474689 Wrote:
> The LUA SqueezePlay UI work right now is focusing (obviously) on fixing
> major bugs... but trust me that performance is always something we're
> paying attention to. As Phillip mentioned, a recent update before the
> release (r7790) removed some debug code that lead to a huge improvement
> in the UI responsiveness and fluidity.
>
> I would recommend two things...
> a) its possible that a known memory leak in the Now Playing screen
> has lead to your slow UI feel... does it go away when you reboot the
> unit? If so, when 7.4.1 is released (very very soon), it should solve
> the issue.
>
> b) if the issue is present for you on a fresh-bootup, I'd recommend
> taking a small movie of the issues your seeing (most modern digital
> cameras can do this for you), and opening a bug @
> http://bugs.slimdevices.com with the movie attached. Try to keep the
> movie small please.
>
> If the issue is a new one... expect it may take a little while in the
> priority list to get to it, but rest assured that as we continue to
> develop SqueezePlay-based products the performance, reliability and
> "general wow-factor" will only continue to improve.

a) No the choppyness stays whenever i reboot the unit or not. Just
compare scrolling from a menu to another with Classic/Boom.

Yes, it's gotten a little bit better with the new 7.5 beta but again. I
want FLUID movment with no choppyness.

b) I will fix a small movie to show the diffrent (i know, some of you
maybe dont think this is a issue, but i always have had products from
Slimdevices that is top-of-the-line and i'm counting on the staff to fix
this minor issue) I understand that right now maybe there are more
importment bugs to fix, but it's good to know that you are working for
that "Wow-feealing" to come back to this unit, so it will be as good as
the other products?

Movie about the scrolling problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHj1PoaznGA

I will try to file a bug.